Remelt Sources produces top quality alloy for the aerospace, biomedical, industrial gas turbine/ power generation, military and petrochemical industries. Material can be made to your specifications or any of the published industrial specs. We stock some of our customer’s most frequently required alloys at our Darlington, South Carolina facility for fast delivery. Call 1-800-877-8415 or +1 270-684-6067 today for a quote.
Ingot and Electrode Capability Data
|Mold Size (inches)||Type/Desc.||Cold Top Dimension (inches)||Cold Bottom Dimension (inches)||Nominal Gross Weight||Number of Ingot(s) per Heat|
|Forging & Re-Rolling Ingots|
|17.25 x 54||Tapered Octagon||16.25||12.50||2,700 #||3|
|19.75 x 83||Tapered Square||18.75||15.19||4,400 #||2|
|20 x 72||Tapered Octagon||17||14||4.200 #||2|
|24 x 87||Tapered Square||23||19||8,800 #||1|
|25 x 79||Tapered Octagon||22||18||7,300 #||1|
|Re-Rolling Slab Ingots/Electrode|
|8 x 38 x 105||ESR Electrode||9,900 #||1|
|12 x 55 x 72||Tapered Rect.||11.25 x 51.5||11 x 51.5||9,900 #||1|
|16 x 46 x 60||Tapered Rect.||15 x 45||14.5 x 45||8,750#||1|
|29.5 x 180||Round||29.5||29.5||29,000 #||1|
|21 x 150||Round||20.5||21||10,000 #||1|
|17.5 x 167||Round||17||17.5||10,000 #||1|
|17 x 147||Round||16||17||8,400 #||1|
|14 x 151||Round||13||14||5,000#||2|
- Two 10,000 lb. computer controlled induction furnaces.
- One 7 ton VOD (Vacuum Oxygen Decarburization) system
- One 20 ton AOD (Argon Oxygen Decarburization) system
All ingots and electrodes are Air Induction Melted and either VOD or AOD refined and subsequently bottom poured. ESR remelting is also available. Our Chemical Analysis Laboratory is ISO/IEC 17025 and NADCAP accredited. Our melting facility is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
ESR Ingot Capability
|Mold Size (inches)||Type/Desc.||Cold Top Dimension (inches)||Cold Bottom Dimension (inches)||Nominal Gross Weight||Number of Ingot per Heat|
- Two 10,000 lb. computer-controlled induction furnaces.
- One 7 ton VOD (Vacuum Oxygen Decarburization) system.
- One 20 ton AOD (Argon Oxygen Decarburization) system.
ESR Ingots are Air Induction Melted followed by VOD or AOD Refining and then Bottom Poured into Electrodes. ESR remelting is done by outside processors. Our Chemical Analysis Laboratory is ISO/IEC 17025 and NADCAP accredited.
Forging Quality Billet Capabilities
Lengths: 13-20 ft. R/L (4 to 6 meters)
All billets are produced from AIM+VOD bottom poured ingots or ESR ingots that are then subsequently hot worked by one or more of the following practices:
- Open Die Forging, GFM Forging, Hydraulic Rotary Forging or Hot Rolling
- RCS billets are supplied as follows: Ground All Over, 100% Ultrasonic Inspected with Cold Saw Cut Ends
- Round billets are supplied as follows: Peeled, 100% Ultrasonic Inspected with Cold Saw Cut Ends
Machining Quality Nickel Alloy Bar
LENGTHS: 6-20 ft. R/L (2 to 6 meters)
- All bars are produced from ESR Remelted Ingots that are then hot worked by one or more of the following practices: Open Die Forging, Rotary Forging or Hot Rolling.
- The bars are then heat treated as required per customer or industry specification and supplied Fully Machined, 100% Ultrasonic Inspected with Saw Cut Ends.
Many other grades of Nickel, Specialty Stainless and Heat Resisting Alloys are also available upon request. Smaller diameters may also be available upon request.